Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my WishString last?
The real question is 'how long will your wish take to come true?' The answer is who knows?... Weeks, Months or Years?
However please be aware that the use of some everyday products such as perfume, aftershave, deodorant and other similar products near your WishString can in some cases cause the Waxed Cord to weaken and break sooner or the Tibetan silver charms to tarnish faster. Also getting your WishString caught and snagging it can cause them to snap - so take care!
Quick Tips: Make Your costume Jewellery last for longer, this will help you keep all those necklaces, rings and bracelets looking new for longer. Fashion costume jewellery is not be designed to keep for decades like fine gold and silver jewellery. Please note the advice below is general advice designed to help with all types of costume jewellery and is not specific to our WishStrings bracelets.
1. Keep your jewellery away from
- dishwashing soap
- silver cleaner
- other harsh chemicals
2. When possible, as a general rule, your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off
3. Store your jewellery properly
Keep Your Jewellery Tarnish Free by Keeping Your Jewellery Dry
- Don't Wash Dishes or do Laundry With Your Jewellery on. Many cleaning products that come in contact with your beautiful jewellery that can take off the finish. Why? Because of the harsh chemicals.
- Don't Wear Jewellery In Pool or at the Spa. Chlorinated water can react with the metals found in jewellery causing your awesome bangle or necklace to change colour.
- Don't Use Jewellery Cleaner. Cleaner made for silver, gold, or platinum is way too harsh for fashion jewellery which is usually plated with these precious metals.
- Don't Put on Lotion or Perfume with your Jewellery on. For the same reasons listed above, lotions and perfumes that are not 100% natural can react unfavourably with your jewellery.
Last On, First Off - when possible!
- Put Your Jewellery on After You Put Your Clothes on and Before Your Take Your Clothes Off. Doing this will ensure that your clothing doesn't get caught on your sweater or t-shirt during the clothing removal process. An accidental pull of your necklace while taking off your shirt can cause a chain or string to break!
- Remove Your Jewellery During Activities. When performing mundane and fun tasks, such as laundry, cooking, or gardening, remove your jewellery to prevent physical damage or exposure to cleaning chemicals or cleaning fluids.
- Put Jewellery On After Applying Hairspray and Makeup. This goes back to keeping your jewellery dry. Perfumes, hairspray, lotion and makeup usually contains harsh chemicals that can damage your beautiful jewellery. By waiting until you are all done your beauty routine you can avoid potential damage.
Store Your Fashion Jewellery Properly to Keep it Looking Great for years!
- Keep Your Jewellery Secure. Store your jewellery in a jewellery box or other secure container that will prevent your baubles from moving around. You can also store your jewellery in a silk or velvet pouch and put each pouch in a decorative shoe box.
- Use Anti-tarnish Paper. When storing your fashion jewellery try wrapping each piece in anti-tarnish paper. If you don't have anti-tarnish paper use an eyeglass cloth instead!
- Avoid Air! The air around us is what makes metal tarnish. We recommend using a ziploc or sandwich bag with the air squeezed out to prevent oxidization.
We hope these tips help you to keep your jewellery looking great from now until forever.
Do you work with charities?
Yes, We absolutely love working along side charities to create fantastic fundraising opportunities. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more infomration regarding what we can offer your charity here at WishString! We are also able to produce personalised WishString Wish Bracelet packaging for charities, the opportunities are endless!
Can you provide favours for special events?
Yes, of course, we love helping to make your special day that extra bit special.
Be it from a Simple WishString Wish Bracelets to more personal touches we aim to create and provide the perfect product for you!!
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss desgins and prices. Please note when buying in bulk (over 25 WishStrings of a single design) discounts do apply!
Do we offer our prodcuts wholesale?
Yes we do! Please see our sister wholesale website for more information or please don't hesitate to contact us direct!
The link to our Wholesale Website can be found on the bottom navigation bar!
Our list of current stockist can be found via the link on the navigation bar too!
Please refer to our 'Terms and Conditions' and 'Returns Policy' for any other information you may require
or please contact us with any questions you may have. We are always happy to help in any way possible.
Trademarks and Copyright
We would also like to take this opportunity politely to remind that WishStrings® is a registered trademark and all our designs are protected by international copyright laws. We take very seriously any act of plagiarism against our brand and unauthorised use of our trademarks.
You can view the registered trade mark on the Intellectual Property Office website: www.ipo.gov.uk